Files not moving from cache to array and becoming unmovable

Cal
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

HELP!!! 

When I copy files to the array cache some random files will not move to the array when the mover is run. These files can still be accessed and work perfectly fine they are just stuck on the cache and can’t be cut/copied from the cache the only way to remove them is to delete them. 

I have tried using krusader to move the files, windows smb shares nothing works once they are unmovable except to delete. I’ve changed the drive the config, fresh installed and file system btrfs to xfs and still the same issue. 

I’m at a loss to this issue. The only way this doesn’t happen is without the cache connected to the array. Which is a serious speed killer. 

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!

Thanks so much for the help! Wait and see how everything goes but looks good so far.

Out of curiosity are the read/writes of the pool drives meant to remain being the identical number as they are setup as raid 1.

They always start out being the same from reboot but get out of sync.

2023-04-13 18_35_39-Zeus_Main.png

2023-04-13 18_35_21-Zeus_Main.png

Thanks again for your help! I’ve done some initial testing and the problems I was having look to have been solved. Once I discovered the bad ram ( a place I never would have thought to look ) all the pieces fell into place as to the root cause that was flowing into the next causing all the issues. 

• Like 1