Docker Custom Network Unavailable/Lost After Re-creating Docker.Img

Go to solution Solved by JonathanM,

First the Background:

I'm running 6.11.5.  Recently, I finally got around to adding a cache drive to my array.  While in the process of migrating data for the 'Prefer' shares (appdata/domains/system) to the Cache drive, all was going smoothly.  Mover had completed moving all of the files in appdata, domains and system/libvirt/libvirt.img (VM Manager was disabled), but since Docker was running at the time, /system/docker/docker.img was still open, and so was not copied.  I went to Settings, and disabled Docker.

Rather than  copying the docker.img vDisk file to the Cache, I decided this would be a good opportunity to delete and recreate it.  I'm following the guide here:

I was following the guide to do this: https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Docker_Management#Re-Create_the_Docker_image_file

I disabled Docker, clicked the 'delete vDisk' checkbox and Delete button), and then proceeded to re-enable Docker.

This is Where It Goes Horribly Wrong:

Things proceeded as expected *however*, when I began re-adding my Containers, I discovered that the Docker Custom Network 'proxynet' which I had previously created to support my swag/reverse proxy configuration was no longer available as an option in the relevant template configs. 

I stopped Docker again, and I double-checked the Docker Settings, and sure enough 'Preserve User Defined Networks' was still set to Yes, but the 'proxynet' network did not appear in the list of networks at the bottom.

So - I checked the contents of the relevant user-defined container templates on the flash in the /config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/ directory, and found that they still contained the <Network>proxynet</Network> definition, however if I try to load the template, the Network Type dropdown displays 'None'.  Naturally, I do not click 'Apply', and abandon trying to reload the container.

It's as if Docker no longer 'knows' about this user-defined Custom Network, and therefore to confirm this, I open a shell and run 'docker network ls', and see:

NETWORK ID     NAME      DRIVER    SCOPE
6765c3ac724b   bridge    bridge    local
a68bcda794f0   eth0      macvlan   local
0ea8978fcdb1   host      host      local
c985aee79164   none      null      local

.. so - no 'proxynet'.  These look like the 'default' networks to me ...

What am I missing?  Is the definition of the Docker Custom Networks not persistent when re-creating Docker.img?  Do I have to re-execute 'docker network create proxynet' to re-create this custom network before reloading containers?

If they are, where is this configuration file stored (can't find any reference to 'proxynet' in any of the files in the /config/plugins/dockerMan tree ...  I'm trying to determine if I inadvertently deleted it, and could possibly be restored from one of several backups I may have.

Thanks in advance!

-m