Docker Containers Randomly Pausing / Shutting Down

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Over the past 1 - 2 weeks I've noticed that some apps will randomly just not work.  The Unraid GUI shows them either started but launching them view Web GUI doesn't work, or if I stop the app it wont start up again and give "Error 403" or now even some are stopped and show that they have updates available, but I can start them at all and if I try to update it fails saying that container name is already in use or something like that.

Yesterday I tried back revving my OS version, as I upgraded to the latest not too long ago and had not had this happen until recently, but today still am getting the same thing.  Rebooting my server fixes it temporarily and it seems like maybe auto updates trying to apply is what kicks it into gear from working fine to being "hung."  I uploaded server diags ... anyone run into this before?  Server has otherwise been running pretty steady for years until this.

unserver-diagnostics-20230419-1717.zip

Going down the rabbit hole ... rebooted and they all came back up OK.  I manually clicked to update one of the containers and it got to 100% and then just hung and kept counting down saying waiting for response 10, waiting for response 9, --, --, over and over, back up to 10 and down in a continuous loop.  I refreshed the page and then that container was stopped and when I try to update again I get the same error I've been discovering:  "You have to remove (or rename) that container to be able to reuse that name. The command failed."

I turned auto updates off because that seems to be what starts it, for some reason containers won't update properly and it is kicking them offline.