Moving Share from one cache to another

Hello All, 

I moved this from a mover thread as was suggested

I hope that I am in the right spot to ask this question.

I am not a noob but this is most likely a noob question.

I have 2 cache pools (249gb and 1 tbp), both have 2 disks setup raid1.

When I first set up my VM I set my domains share to prefer cache_240gb. Since I created my VM for Home assistant, it has grown to 32 GB I am trying to move that domains folder to prefer cache 1tbp.

A couple of weeks ago, I set that share to "NO" and ran mover, I did not beleive that it did anything. Today I set that share to Prefer cache 1tbp hoping to move the domain folder. I shut down the VM service and the docker service and ran mover, I saw nothing moving . A couple of hrs later I restarted docker and vms.

Bottom line, I'm doing something wrong. I am attaching a diagnostic, if anyone can figure out what I have screwed up and point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.

Chas

1 minute ago, kysdaddy said:

Hugenbdd said:

Should probably start a new thread as this is for the Mover Tuning Plug-in.

With that said...  setting cache to "NO" will mean mover will never look at the files that are already on the cache and orphan them.

"Prefer" will try to move files to the cache from the array.

If you want to move them off, I would suggest not using the plug-in, set cache to "yes" and make sure you have the same cache paths that were set before, and hit the "move" button.   If you have logs enabled you should be able to see the files move off.  Once moved, set cache back to no.

Ok All,

Just to be sure that I am following. my goal is to move the domains share from Cache1 to cache2.

If I am reading this correctly. I set cache to yes with cache pool set to cache1, run mover.

Wait for this to complete.

next I set cache to prefer with cach pool set to Cache2.

Correct?

Chas