UNMOUNTABLE: NO FILE SYSTEM

Rebuilding a drive will not fix the ‘unmountable’ status as that is normally caused by file system level corruption that parity is not aware of.

The correct handling of unmountable drives is documented here in the online documentation accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI or the DOCS link at the top of each forum page.

9 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Rebuilding a drive will not fix the ‘unmountable’ status as that is normally caused by file system level corruption that parity is not aware of.

The correct handling of unmountable drives is documented here in the online documentation accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI or the DOCS link at the top of each forum page.

it is currectly running a scheduled parity check, is it safe to cancel the parity check and go through the steps to correct the file system on the drive or have i to wait until the check is completed?

23 minutes ago, Mattlevant said:

correcting

In which case I would suggest cancelling an existing parity check if it has not got too far.

We normally recommend that scheduled checks are set non-correcting so that if you have a drive playing up it does not corrupt parity.   Ideally you only want to run a correcting check manually when you are reasonably certain you have no outstanding hardware issues.

13 hours ago, itimpi said:

In which case I would suggest cancelling an existing parity check if it has not got too far.

We normally recommend that scheduled checks are set non-correcting so that if you have a drive playing up it does not corrupt parity.   Ideally you only want to run a correcting check manually when you are reasonably certain you have no outstanding hardware issues.

I let the parity check finish because it was over 60%, ran the check -n then -L, UI said it could take hours, 5 minutes later it completed, restarted array and disk 4 back online and mounted

im guessing it must have only had a small corruption?

Capture.PNG

Edited by Mattlevant