A drive with smart error 193 load cycle count failing now

Hello, I have a drive that is now giving me warnings "193 load cycle count failing now 210689", and I will probably get another one soon because that drive is at 150000 ish. They are mostly empty and barely has any writes or reads on them. I just put them in because I had them laying around and can basicly take them out no problem.

I am curious why the counter gets so high on them tho, they seem to increase by 4-5 each minute, that should mean around 5700 each day. While my biggest hdd with the most reads and writes only has around 5000. So the one that is failing is using per day what this has used since it was new. I was planing on buying a new bigger one to replace the two old ones, but im a bit concerned if this will happen to other hdds i connect to the array.

And I am also wondering how serious of a problem 193 is. I have read that it doesnt mean it will fail straight away, but since it is a "failing now" error i cant get rid of the yellow wall of notifications by disabling the smart notifications?

Thanks

Skjermbilde 2023-04-30 230244.png

oracle-diagnostics-20230430-2216.zip

Can you hear it clicking repeatedly? Drive might have an issue and be constantly trying to reload the heads. Could also be a power connection problem.

19 minutes ago, Henron said:

I just put them in because I had them laying around 

Never add drives to the array before you need them since once they're in rebuilding a failing drive depends on them working 100% like all others, and removing a drive from the array is not trivial.

Edited by Kilrah
17 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Can you hear it clicking repeatedly?

Can't say I hear anything out of the ordinary. 

18 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Could also be a power connection problem.

Perhaps, not sure how to test that. All the drives get power from a 1200w psu, and all from the same cable, but not all of them seems to have this issue

23 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Never add drives to the array before you need them since once they're in rebuilding a failing drive depends on them working 100% like all others, and removing a drive from the array is not trivial.

I'll take that to heart. With parity drive installed and them being unused idle drives, I was thinking that they would have minimal impact on the array and be quick to remove. But I'm probably not comprehending it fully.