Force delete old docker folder instantly

Go to solution Solved by Goldmaster,

Hi there, I had for a brief period of time, used the docker folder option. While the advantage is of not needing to worry about a docker image filling up, there is a risk that an incorrectly docker mapping, could fill up the whole lot of your cache drive. if i need to make the docker img file bigger because of adding more and more docker programs then i can manually do so. Plus i can copy and paste the img file as and when i need to and backup if needed.

I have switched to docker.img but I still got a docker folder inside the docker folder, so the path mapping is /mnt/user/system/docker/docker/

So to clear out the old docker folder, im trying to delete the docker folder, but its taking foooorrrreeeevvvveeeerrrr. Tried running terminal, and takes ages, midnight commander it also takes ages and the plugin that adds file management to unraid web gui is also taking for ever. How can I just delete the folder and job done? rather than taking hours? I dont see an option in docker settings. I also did not see the option when changing back to docker.img to delete the old docker folder. any ideas please? or do i have to keep deleting as and when i can?

so yeah, dont use the docker folder based option.

13 hours ago, Goldmaster said:

Tried running terminal, and takes ages, midnight commander it also takes ages and the plugin that adds file management to unraid web gui is also taking for ever.

It likely some problem in filesystem, or may be too many docker, not much idea.

I dont see an option in docker settings.

No matter img or folder, GUI also have delete option when docker service stop.

so yeah, dont use the docker folder based option.

Folder should better then img, because we can direct access / manage the files. If img, we need mapping to some path if we want to directly access.

• Solution

Well sods law was that I sorted it AFTER posting. I have used the file manager plugin and just deleted the docker folder bit by bit until I had btrfs and another folder, then just deleted them. it was a bit by bit kind of situation. so now my cache drive has gone from around half full to just under a 5th fall on my cache drive. Im marking as solved.