10GB Lan direct connect dosent work

Go to solution Solved by MrRog,

Hello at all

I need your pro's help

I try to connect PC direct to Unraid Server like this one \\192.168.2\  whe I try to creating a share system ask me about password, I try to use the unraid root user and pw, but dosent work

hope the draw helps

btw, admin connection I use the normal lan IP 

thx for helping

ip.png

That picture is incomplete as it does not include the IP addresses when going via the router which will be different to those on the direct connection.

You are likely to get better informed feedback if you attach your system’s diagnostics zip file to your next post in this thread so we can see how you have things configured.

FYI:  For security reasons you cannot configure the ‘root’ user to have network access to the shares.

1 hour ago, MrRog said:

speed is arount 300 mb/s and gows down to 180 mb/s is this the problem whit the HDD

If that is a capital MB/s, then sounds like reasonably good to read from a spinning drive

If you want to test the raw link speed, run an iperf3 test between the PC and Unraid, preferably both ways.

Do you have have enough pci lanes to give to the 10gbe card? 

May 4 18:07:49 Tower kernel: ixgbe 0000:03:00.0: 4.000 Gb/s available PCIe bandwidth, limited by 5.0 GT/s PCIe x1 link at 0000:02:00.0 (capable of 32.000 Gb/s with 5.0 GT/s PCIe x8 link)

If the lanes are shared, try using another slot, or remove any other peripherals that share the lanes from the slot. If you think you have enough lanes, try re-seating the card

• Solution

I change to another NeworkCard ASUS XG-C100C V2

Now I get this 

[ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bitrate
[  5]   0.00-10.00  sec  6.39 GBytes  5.49 Gbits/sec                  receiver

looks better

Edited by MrRog