Ver. 6.11.5 2022-11-20 - unRAID changes IP

Go to solution Solved by JGNiDK,

7 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Check your docker containers running on a custom network.

To avoid IP overlap, you need to set a DHCP range for the custom network which assigns addresses outside to what your router is assigning.

I might misunderstand something here, but then I hopefully learn something. 
But e.g my nextcloud here, is using same IP as unRAID. So am I doing something wrong?

image.png.c5656bc66932254f46c3db43fa798a92.png

Edited by JGNiDK
20 minutes ago, bonienl said:

No, in this case you use a custom bridge network which does network address translation.

The container uses an address in the 172.20.0.x network but communicates to the outside world using address 10.0.0.211 (this is expected)

So what should I look for?
image.png.823d9f6bf3522885b9c73f4fbd19c4ec.png

Do you see 10.0.0.1 assigned to any interface in unraid network, docker or VM settings? 

What is Vader, is it the name of your unraid server? Have you tried finding what the MAC address listed next to Vader in your first screenshot corresponds to? 

What acts as your dhcp server? Is that unifi? Check the configured dhcp ip allocation range as suggested 

Does the USG come back online if you unplug unraid from the network? 

Docker using unraid IP is OK, your problem is not that IP. Need to find out what 10.0.0.1 is assigned to

Edited by apandey

Do you see 10.0.0.1 assigned to any interface in unraid network, docker or VM settings? 

Nope. Nowhere.

What is Vader, is it the name of your unraid server? Have you tried finding what the MAC address listed next to Vader in your first screenshot corresponds to? 

Vader is my unRAID-server yes. The MAC is eth0
image.thumb.png.bcbed30faba8d112e3a44d46ea5e5c04.png

What acts as your dhcp server? Is that unifi? Check the configured dhcp ip allocation range as suggested 

My uSG. Which is weird when it's offline. But never the less. 
All my Docker containers use .211 and my HA in VM uses .245. So it should be oki?
image.png.40d1d5470236bf99479a8449ba283c9d.png

Does the USG come back online if you unplug unraid from the network? 

I turned off my unRAID for 30 minutes yesterday. Then I'm also turning off my Unifi Cloud controller. So a little difficult to be 100% sure. But when I turned on my unRAID again, it was offline. 

Docker using unraid IP is OK, your problem is not that IP. Need to find out what 10.0.0.1 is assigned to

I totally agree!!

23 minutes ago, apandey said:

Where is your unifi controller running? I have a feeling something is wrong with your unifi network. Taking unraid off the network, does the rest of your network work well? Can you ping the gateway at that point. If not, you should fix that first

unRAID. But everything is dead right now. So I'm very unpopular right now

• 2 weeks later...