prowlarr indexer failing

setting up prowlarr and flaresolverr
the reason for setting up this is because Jackett was failing and looking up this i found prowlarr to be a better solution

set this up on 2 systems one works one does not 

copied all settings from working unriad box to the one none working unraid box

working box is on BT full fibre 1gb
none working is on virgin 500mbs

when adding an indexer i am getting the below error 
"Unable to connect to indexer, please check your DNS settings and ensure IPv6 is working or disabled. The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception."

the virgin box does not support ipv6

i have pulled the log files and event logs from prowlarr and also the logs from unraid 

can someone review and assist me please 

logs from unriad prolarr.txt event logs.txt log files.txt

On 6/20/2023 at 5:00 PM, unr41dus3r said:

Do you use an custom network on the working/not working box?

Name resolution inside a internal docker network is only working on a custom network and does not work on the bridge network.

Hello 

so the working one is not on a custom network it runs through the basic bt home hub

the none working one which was working prior to this issue occurring is on a customer network with Ubiquiti hardware

i suspect the issue is with virgin because cannot access the sites required for prowlarr to work.

so wonder if anyone is having this issue with virgin and how did they get around it ? 
does anyone know how to set up a indexer proxie to work with VPN ? 

• 5 months later...
On 6/23/2023 at 8:20 PM, LoyalScotsman said:

Hello 

so the working one is not on a custom network it runs through the basic bt home hub

the none working one which was working prior to this issue occurring is on a customer network with Ubiquiti hardware

i suspect the issue is with virgin because cannot access the sites required for prowlarr to work.

so wonder if anyone is having this issue with virgin and how did they get around it ? 
does anyone know how to set up a indexer proxie to work with VPN ? 

Did you find a fix for this? Im on virgin and just got the issue starting. My prowlarr has a socks5 proxy for nord enabled so virgin blocking stuff shouldnt be an issue

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2023 at 4:34 PM, ObviousViking said:

Did you find a fix for this? Im on virgin and just got the issue starting. My prowlarr has a socks5 proxy for nord enabled so virgin blocking stuff shouldnt be an issue

I have not had the time to look further into it so no issue still an issue with virgin and i run through nordvpn but does not want to play ball with virgin.

how you getting on with it ? 

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2024 at 5:12 PM, LoyalScotsman said:

I have not had the time to look further into it so no issue still an issue with virgin and i run through nordvpn but does not want to play ball with virgin.

how you getting on with it ? 

so i seem to have fixed mine.

i was using a nord proxy set up inside prowlarr. moved over to tunnelling prowlarr through the nordlynx docker and been fine since. i spoke to Nord and the rep told me their proxy servers dont get the attention they need so connections can be hit and and miss which seems to match with my experience.

im looking at trying to get the hotio image working as it now comes with a built in vpn but i need to do the linux trick to get the wireguard config for nord