We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Server Reboots - Need Help Identifying Cause

I have been running Unraid in its current state for over a month now.  Its primary use is an Emby server (and supporting dockers), but I do run a handful of small VMs as well.  The only thing that has changed beyond that is the standard app/docker updates.

Over the past 2 days my Unraid server has been rebooting consistently.  It appeared to be random, but after troubleshooting over the course of a day, it seems to be on a weird interval which does not align with any standard tasks such as Emby or Unraid that I am aware of.  I didn't realize the reboots were on an interval until enabling syslog and counting the reboots over the previous night, noticing it reboots right around every 2 hours 13 minutes:
image.png.1934a8732f99fb8f20e31e3bc9cc03ad.png

At that point I started logging to USB and putting Unraid into Safe Mode to test the server at idle with no array, mounts, etc running.  Reboots continued on the same interval going into the night. All logging sessions are practically the same.  System boots, goes through all its normal boot actions.  Last log will be disks spinning down,  or a connection opening/closing (i.e. SSH).

Attached is a full session of logs, starting with a reboot into Safe Mode (Jun 12 15:50:09) until the "random" reboo (Jun 12 18:06:52).

This is a headless server but I planned on grabbing a monitor and watching a full boot, as well as checking BIOS for anything that may look off.  With it being such a weird interval, I am not really sure what to look for from a hardware and BIOS perspective.  I may also grab another drive to install Windows or Linux soon, to see if it reboots outside of Unraid.

Any help and ideas is appreciated.  Thank you.

syslog-single-reboot.txt

1 hour ago, JonathanM said:

Probably not software, likely PSU instability or heat related.

I would be shocked if it was a heat issue. All temps look normal and its in a temperature controlled environment. Workload on the server is low, with primarily  parity syncs being the most demanding load.  Ive had a similar setup for years running on Windows with lower case cooling. 

I suppose I can try another PSU but the current one was brand new with this rig and again under low load. Being in safe mode idle, its under the least amount of load possible.

Lastly, I wouldnt expcect PSU and heat causing issues on such a consistent interval. It would typically trigger issues based on system load and temp so the chances of a reboot at 2hr 15min everytime, regardless of system load and environment seems odd