Exclusive Access cannot be enabled

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

I have performed the following operations in hopes of enabling exlusive access for a share:

- Disabled secondary storage

- Disabled the NFS share (as well as SMB)

- Enabled  Permit exclusive shares in Global Share settings

I also tried stopping/starting the array after doing this, but no luck. Am I missing something? 

Thanks

exclusive1.png

exclusive2.png

exclusive3.png

3 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Have you made sure that there is no top level folder corresponding to the share name on any pool or array drive that is not the pool configured as primary storage as this will stop the Exclusive mode from being available?

I think this may be causing the issue. I checked my logs and noticed this:

Jun 18 02:21:07 chonker root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Share appdata set to use pool chonkerdata, but files / folders exist on the cache pool

Would this be causing the issue? And if it is, how can I resolve it? To my knowledge, I don't have any files on my cache pool corresponding to this share.

• Solution
Just now, gretachini said:

I think this may be causing the issue. I checked my logs and noticed this:

Jun 18 02:21:07 chonker root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Share appdata set to use pool chonkerdata, but files / folders exist on the cache pool

Would this be causing the issue? And if it is, how can I resolve it? To my knowledge, I don't have any files on my cache pool corresponding to this share.

Have you checked for a folder called ‘appdata’ even if it is empty?   If it is empty then you can simply delete it.