Cannot change eth* to 2.5GB NIC

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I just picked up and installed a dual port Intel 2.5GB NIC into my Unraid box. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BY83FW5H I assumed in Settings -> Network Settings I'd be able to edit the Interface Rules to make the two new NIC ports eth0 and eth1, but so far I'm not having any luck.

I've disabled both onboard NICs in my BIOS, but then when I boot into Unraid one of the onboard NICs is still seen by Unraid and works. 😕 Also, my Interface Rules only offer eth0 and eth2 to change MAC address values, even though Network Settings shows eth0-3. The Interface Rules drop-down menu also only has the choice of the MAC address for eth0 or eth2.

Lastly, my eth1 and eth3 are showing the same MAC address.

All I want is for my two 2.5GBs NICs to be in use, and disable/ignore my two 1GBs NICs. But I'm so completely lost here. Any help would be appreciated.

6 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Try deleting/renaming /boot/config/network.cfg and network-rules.cfg then reboot

Sorry, I should have mentioned I've tried that several times. At best, one time I was able to boot to only eth0-2 but for some reason one of the disabled onboard NICs still gets picked up by Unraid at eth0.

Interface Rules also never offers the NIC MAC addresses to set as eth0 or eth1 either.

Attaching my diagnostics files.

After some Googling it appears this 2.5GB NIC might have a known issue with Linux seeing both ports having the same MAC address. I manually set one of them to a randomly generated MAC address to temporarily bypass that possible issue, but there's no real change. Nothing I've been able to do changes the Interface Rules drop-down menu to include the MAC addresses for the Intel NICs.

whnas-diagnostics-20230621-1309.zip

• Solution
Jun 21 13:06:16 whnas kernel: igc 0000:09:00.0 eth1: NIC Link is Up 2500 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: RX/TX
Jun 21 13:06:40 whnas kernel: igc 0000:0a:00.0 eth3: NIC Link is Up 2500 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: RX/TX

The 2.5GbE NICs are being detected and installed, but without they appearing in interface-rules.cfg you won't be able to use them with the GUI, unfortunately this is known to happen sometimes with some servers, unclear why, other then deleting the network files a few more times to see if they come up I don't know of another solution.