Move share to new encrypted disk

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

1 minute ago, JorgeB said:

Any new data written to that share can go to that disk, depending on how you set the allocation, any existing data would need to be manually moved, Unraid doesn't move data between array disks, you can use for example the Dynamix File manager and move it.

Yeah, that's my issue. Suppose I want to have all the data in existing ShareA encrypted. I will have to add/allocate the encrypted disk to the share. Now,  if I remove the my existing non encrypted disk (DiskA) from that share, and have only the encrypted disk (DiskB), what will happen to the data on existing disk? I suppose the share will show no data after I change the disk to only DiskB?
Maybe I am understanding something wrong, are you suggesting first store all the data/ shares I want on encrypted drives data on a new disk (be it external or some other way) and then copy that to my modified ShareA with only encrypted DiskB. Is that correct or what you are suggesting?

2 hours ago, jasonjulius1122 said:

To add a new encrypted disk to your array for existing and new shares, to add you just need to do set up encryption, back up data, add the encrypted disk, reconfigure shares, and verify functionality.

You mean copy data data to an external disk? How can I backup. Unraid is actually supposed to be my backup.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I was able to resolve this using Dynamix File manager. Thanks a lot again.

Just to add for when someone else sees this post, Dynamix File Manager can be used a File Manager for Unraid. You can view/edit/delete all the data and how it is stored on various disk. Allows copy and other operations too.

Thanks @JorgeB