6.12.2 2023-06-29 - WoL ON - unRAID server powers back on upon shutdown

Issue:

Won't fully power down with enabled WoL on MB

Enabled WoL with PCIe from BIOS ( MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ) , and every time I power off unRAID, it will actually reboot.

I would need this to function as I plan to hook an UPS up to the server, if it will reboot, no point of UPS.... 

Things tried:

• Disabling WoL, stays off.
  • Disconnecting LAN cable and after initiating power off, same result, system reboots
  • Changing UEFI to Legacy, same result, system reboots
  • I have Windows VMs with pass-through SSD, booted directly from them (tried both), guess what, powering off actually works, system stays off, also WoL works. 
  • "Restore AC Power Loss" is set to "Power off" , this works as expected. In case of power outage, server will not come back online unless powered on either via button or WoL. 

So far I have been lucky and no data corruption....

Are there any solutions to this or to go with an actual server and not my "old" gaming rig?

Edited by MoldavianRO
On 7/1/2023 at 1:33 PM, MoldavianRO said:

Forgot to put this under "things I tried" (now updated). I do have such option, and is set to stay off when power is lost.

Really strange then since you mention that even with LAN disconnected the system reboots which means it is not external to the server.   It is almost as if something is actually issuing a reboot command rather than simple shutdown :(