VM Network - Not working after update? (RESOLVED)

Go to solution Solved by Defylimits,

So I have 2 VMs I run constantly, my HAOS and a Windows 10 VM. They have both recently lost connection to my network, and it seems to be after I did an update 6.12.2.

I do have VLANs running, a Server VLan (100) 10.10.10.0/24 and an IoT Vlan (20) 192.168.20.0/24. With both being on the 100 Vlan, and the HAOS having a second connection to the IoT VLan.

The Unraid interface is on the 100 Vlan as well and is the default Vlan for the port the server is plugged into.

I have tried updating the Network Source, from br0.100 to br0 and even virbr0 but no connection. Have also tried chaning the Network model to virtio-net from Virtio io but not luck then either.

Weirdly I can access either of the IP's and the Window VM shows no connection, however in my Ubiquiti router I see all 3 connections and fixed IP's from the 2 VMs even after refreshing the MAC addresses from the Network connections as well.

Am really confused, all the network connections for Dockers are working, some of which are host, others bridged and others on custom network.

Not sure what the problem is or what to try, anyone have any idea?

Diagnostics attached btw.

tower-diagnostics-20230706-1638.zip

Edited by Defylimits

Ok bit of an update, I reverted to 6.12.1 but appears to have made no difference

However I did notice my Windows VM can access docker webpages that are either on my custom docker network "dockernet" and dockers that are assigned to the "host", but not any of the dockers on br0, so there appears to be something blocking the VMs from communicating with the main network.

So I'm going to guess its something to do with the routing table, but not sure how to fix that tbh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

This Solution from Celsian worked -

Thread - https://forums.unraid.net/topic/140858-vms-on-br0-cannot-access-the-internet-after-6120/#comment-1283343

On 7/5/2023 at 3:55 PM, Celsian said:

Turns out the problem was actually with my network settings, when I restarted my unRAID server, the network connections stopped working again for both VM's. To resolve it I discovered that under network settings I had to enable bonding for eth0.

I enabled bonding for the NIC, set the mode to backup and only included eth0 in the bond.

After starting the VM's again, their network connections started working and the connections continued working after an unRAID restart.

• Defylimits changed the title to VM Network - Not working after update? (RESOLVED)
  • 3 weeks later...