Looking for recommendations: mobo and cpu combo

Building a NAS server with some dockers like Jellyfin, Nextcloud, and a bit of a home lab, multi server back up.
Mobo needs 6-8 (usable) sata ports, Ideally 2x M.2 ports but 1 is OK, 8x PCIE slot for a 10GBE NIC, would be nice to have ECC ram but not a deal breaker if not.
I dont mind if its ATX or MATX

Theres some NAS specific boards out there and some server specific boards too, which I have no experience with yet. So besides you standard home / office boards what should I be looking at? Unless of course there are some standard boards which meet my requirements. 

On 7/8/2023 at 11:56 AM, K1LLA_KING_KING said:

So besides you standard home / office boards what should I be looking at? Unless of course there are some standard boards which meet my requirements.

Look for big brand consumer boards - no need to look at the server oriented hardware for your use case.

Go with a modern Intel non-F SKU CPU.

AMD processors would also work but the Intel platform is still a better choice for a home NAS, considering its iGPU and C-States low-power modes support/compatibility.

You might want to start with https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

Edited by Lolight