Does Parity Rebuild prevent access to Shares?

Go to solution Solved by holyscotsman,

I'm quite a bit worried as I really don't want to lose all of my data again, but looking for some assistance with a recent issue. About a week ago, my Parity drive #1 and largest drive (drive 1) both showed up as a Red status. Hovering over the Disk 1 showed that the contents were being emulated. When I hovered over the first parity drive, it showed that it was disabled. I did try rebooting the server but the same issue persisted.

789966301_Screenshot2023-07-08at11_47_35PM.thumb.png.053b4c129ac8b4befeab2d44c935ad0c.png

Today, I was trying to enable VMs which requested a reboot of the server. Before I rebooted, the Shares began to act a bit funny by not showing all of the data. I proceeded with a reboot and started the Array without the 1st parity drive assigned (the 2nd Parity drive is still assigned and functioning); everything looked fine. I decided to try and Rebuild only the Parity drive. I stopped the array, re-assigned the 1st Parity drive, started the array. The Parity-Rebuild is in-progress now for the next 48 hours but I am in a state of panic as the folder where all of my contents reside is Empty. However, looking at the data consumption shows no change in state.

568329851_Screenshot2023-07-08at11_58_19PM.png.ae6ec31db949c7ade212d1ea54d96b86.png

Unfortunately, I haven't found a reliable backup method yet outside of purchasing Should this be expected behavior for the Share to show empty while a Parity-Rebuild is in-progress? Have I perhaps buggered up my entire setup?

Thanks in advance for any help!

plextower-diagnostics-20230708-2350.zip

• Solution

It looks like when I enable VM Manager, I lose access to all of my shares. After Parity Check completed, I disabled the VM's, shut down the array and rebooted the server. When it came back online, the Shares were visible again.

Just sucks that I am not able to have VM's running along with my Docker. Would rather not risk the data loss than worry about having VMs.

Thank you!