Two disks emulated, no SMART errors

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hey, 

I noticed a week ago that 2 of my drives started being emulated and I immediately restarted my server seeing if it would get fixed. I realise now that this was a mistake and I should've taken a diagnostic before. 

After the restart and seeing that nothing changed, I preformed extended SMART tests on both disks and after a lot of time both drives came back without errors. I also plugged both drives with m new connectors in case that could've been the problem. 

I'm not sure what the correct procedure is here, since I can't fully check my drives due to not being at home but I do have access to my network via a vpn. 

Should it be fine for me to perform a rebuild? 

Do I need to start the array in maintenance mode? Just trying to get things done the right way to avoid any data loss. 

I'm also attaching my current diagnostics

Thanks. 

tower-diagnostics-20230711-1406.zip

2 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Yes, as long the the emulated disks are mounting and contests look correct, since the diags you posted are with the array stopped.

Thanks for your response. 

I just started the rebuild, but it still says that disk 3 and 5 are being emulated. It's that normal?

Here are the diags while the rebuild is happening. 

Thanks for your time! 

tower-diagnostics-20230711-2015.zip

• 2 weeks later...