BTRFS Errors After Upgrading to 6.12.2

The error BTRFS Errors started after the upgrade. I've now switched back to 6.11.5 and have had zero of these errors. I also attempted 6.12.x when it was in beta and had the same issue so switched back to 6.11.5... I will try the memory test and see what it finds.

I keep reading/seeing that I should switch to ipvlan but I've not seen a valid reason that I "need" to. I've tried switching a few times but every time I do my dockers on br0 lose access to the host even though 'Host access to custom networks' is set to true so I always end up switching back to macvlan.

On 7/12/2023 at 1:52 PM, jarkle said:

Like the title says. Is it possible these errors were caused by the upgrade? Attaching diag.

unraid1-diagnostics-20230711-2242.zipUnavailable

Hey, I've been experiencing the same issues since upgrading my primary server to 6.12.x. Didn't before the update. Might have to role back as well :/

2nd time this week. Deleted my docker image and restored data, but not going to bother if it seems there's bugs with this release.

Edited by the1poet
3 hours ago, the1poet said:

Hey, I've been experiencing the same issues since upgrading my primary server to 6.12.x. Didn't before the update. Might have to role back as well :/

2nd time this week. Deleted my docker image and restored data, but not going to bother if it seems there's bugs with this release.

Glad to know I'm not the only one! 

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, ToyasDhake said:

Exact same here, I am getting btrfs errors on 6.12.x, but when I role back to 6.11.5 everything is back to normal. I tried 6.12.0, 6.12.1 and 6.12.2 same thing each time. Zero issues on 6.11.5 for past few weeks. 

Have you tried the memtest that was suggested by JorgeB? I haven't gotten around to it myself..

On 7/13/2023 at 3:20 AM, the1poet said:

Have you tried the memtest that was suggested by JorgeB?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2023 at 1:03 PM, jarkle said:

Have you tried the memtest that was suggested by JorgeB? I haven't gotten around to it myself..

No, I haven't. I read somewhere it is recommended to run it for 24 hr. I cannot have my server down for a day. And it has been stable after reverting to 6.11.5

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

I have started experiencing the same problem. I have run memtest for 24hr (10 passes) and it was fine. First time the SSD broke, replaced it with a new drive. Rebuilt the docker disk - was corrupt in 2 days. Not sure what to do? Memtest for more than 24 hr? Swap the CPU and motherboard? Rollback to an earlier unraid release? I am on 6.12.4

4 hours ago, Deadfish said:

I have started experiencing the same problem. I have run memtest for 24hr (10 passes) and it was fine. First time the SSD broke, replaced it with a new drive. Rebuilt the docker disk - was corrupt in 2 days. Not sure what to do? Memtest for more than 24 hr? Swap the CPU and motherboard? Rollback to an earlier unraid release? I am on 6.12.4

Can you rollback to 6.11.5?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2024 at 5:13 AM, me217 said:

did you find any sollution to this issue? as i seem to be having a very similar issue. might try rolling back to 6.11 if possible.

I converted my pools to zfs.. You might look at what they did in this thread to solve the issue though.

2 hours ago, jarkle said:

I converted my pools to zfs.. You might look at what they did in this thread to solve the issue though.

Thanks. I have also done this. As I've found a lot of evidence btfs could be the issue. So far it's been good. But it's also not something that would show up frequently.