Unraid 6.12.X ... a rant of sorts

Hi everyone,

I am somewhat sorry for the post that follows, i didn't quite know where else to post it. I just feel.... left alone with my problems concerning Unraid. I know this is a great community with all its friendly and helpful members, but now I think i have reached a point where a lot of stuff simply does not work anymore and it's a bit overwhelming. That's why i decided to blow off some steam here. Please take this not as an insult but rather as an opportunity to make unraid better.

I don't want to repeat everything I have already posted here:

All I want to say is - I am one of those users who have a AVM Fritzbox at home and ever since the update zu 6.12.X I (as many others did) ran into several Problems which are now as i have rolled back to 6.11.5 still the following:

All my Windows VM have Guest Agent not installed (and I can't get it installed - or at least it seems to have no impact)

Swag is apparently not able to correctly pass through to a Home Assistant VM

As you can see from the links above i tried to get help, i tried to explain. I couldn't find a solution. I went to Linuxserver.io discord (for the swag problem) and was referred back to this forum. I honestly don't know what else to do. Trial and error just seems to give me more errors.

I wonder, if 6.12 was a supposed to be a stable release, why there were not one but two new releases days after the 6.12 release?

I am somewhat sorry that i didn't personally test the RC Versions of 6.12 and didn't give feedback to the devs, i simply have not the funds to buy another at least similar setup i have now to test it thoroughly apart from the fact that I work (as many of you all) a demanding full time job. Testing on another machine entirely will have (in my humble opinion) only a limited validity. I don't have a backup Server/testing Server as of yet, I do plan to get one, if i stay with unraid that is.

I love this community, all of you here always were so helpful, never had a harsh word for a question which was asked already, but a kind answer. This and the great functionality of unraid was what got me here and what kept me here. 

I deeply regret ever updating to 6.12 I furthermore regret updating further to 6.12.1 and 6.12.2 in hope to have my problems fixed, I should have immediately downgraded. 6.11.5 Worked like a charm and to be honest I think I have learned a lesson here: Never change a running system. 

I am sorry for all the negativity here but I just had to get this off my chest.

I hope that others who plan on upgrading to 6.12.X have a chance to read this, so they'll be wiser than i was.

Sorry for wasting your time, as said before I am a bit depressed and just had to get this of my chest.

It is quite normal when a 6.xx.0 Unraid release comes out to find that issues surface that were not discovered/mentioned in the rc phase (presumably because a much wider variety of users now install it) and a couple of rapid point releases come out that try and address these issues.   At this point these point releases are inherently bug fix releases without functionality change (unless addressing a bug).    Only those who specifically want the new functionality and can afford some initial issues as it beds in should rush to upgrade with the 6.x .0 releases.    

There then tends to be a long period where we only get beta/rc releases aimed at the next major Unraid release as new functionality is added.   That is also when you get the latest versions of core Linux components (kernel, samba, docker, kvm  etc) incorpirated.