New build looking for suggestions and help

AntonioL

This is my second attempt to build a Plex Media server & a NAS. My 1st build worked, and it was okay lacked the performance. It was built on a Dell T310. That was 2 years ago. Now I build myself a new pc and like to use the old pc components to build a new unraid plex server. Here are my current parts: Motherboard MSI MEG X570 ACE, CPU 3800X, RAM 32g 3600mhz, RTX 2080 Super, 4 HDD 4tb, 2 SSD 1 TB, & a 10gb network card. This is what I have to start. The one component that I know I need to get is an HBA card but there are so many out there not sure which one to get that will serve me now and for future expansions. 

I would appreciate some suggestions and possible guidance in building this system. I am by all means not an expert in servers, so please be patient with my questions and if this is not the right forum chat to post please let me know.

Thank you for your assistants

Antonio

On 7/19/2023 at 8:26 PM, AntonioL said:

The one component that I know I need to get is an HBA card but there are so many out there not sure which one to get that will serve me now and for future expansions.

Welcome!

Will you need to transcode?

Regarding an HBA: