How to manually run go script items

Hi,

This might seem like a real simple/stupid question, but I think I need to remove some items from my go script so they don't execute at boot.  How do I manually run them.  One item is crashplan, one is unmenu and another one is dir cache.  (Yes, I am a linux noob).  TIA

Hi,

This might seem like a real simple/stupid question, but I think I need to remove some items from my go script so they don't execute at boot.  How do I manually run them.  One item is crashplan, one is unmenu and another one is dir cache.  (Yes, I am a linux noob).  TIA

Log into the server via telnet and type the commands you see in your go script into the prompt.

Thanks,  I realized I could do that and it was a stupid question how I worded it.  I should have asked, how could I have another script, like my go script, that I could execute after boot?  That way I wouldn't have to type ever line item individually.

Thanks,  I realized I could do that and it was a stupid question how I worded it.  I should have asked, how could I have another script, like my go script, that I could execute after boot?  That way I wouldn't have to type ever line item individually.

create a file (start_stuff.sh), past the lines into it, make it executable (chmod +x start_stuff.sh), then type start_stuff.sh from within a telnet prompt.

I ran into a problem.  I created a start.sh file, put it in the root of my flash, made it executable and ran it.  Here's one of the line items:

tar -C / -xvf /boot/packages/crashplan.tar

when it executes it, it says that the file or directory doesn't exist.  When I type this command in manually, it executes normally.  Am I missing something?

I ran into a problem.  I created a start.sh file, put it in the root of my flash, made it executable and ran it.  Here's one of the line items:

tar -C / -xvf /boot/packages/crashplan.tar

when it executes it, it says that the file or directory doesn't exist.  When I type this command in manually, it executes normally.  Am I missing something?

make sure you do not have ms-dos style carriage returns on the ends of the lines.

Thanks.  That was it, can't believe I didn't catch that.  I'm hoping to stop crashplan, stop cach_dirs and flush the memory.  Is this correct:

/usr/local/crashplan/bin/CrashPlanEngine stop

/boot/cache_dirs -q
sync
echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches

Archived