6.12.3 - bzfirmware Checksum error

Go to solution Solved by Frank1940,

So yesterday I was updating some dockers and items in my system. I am on 6.12 and 6.12.3 was available for update. Never had any issues with the stable release updates in the past. Well this one downloaded and went to reboot. Never came up so had to dig out a monitor to hook up to the unit to check, and got a firmware checksum error. Hit Enter to reboot and same issue.

Ultimately I had to revert back to my 6.11 backup. Seems like 6.12.3 needs some more polishing.

• Solution

The error message that you saw was the result of the checksum on one of the system data files NOT matching the expected sum stored in the checksum file on your root drive.

I would suggest that you try to upgrade again.   (If you are a bit paranoid, make a backup of your flash drive first.   MAIN, then click blue 'Flash' in the "Boot Device" section.  You will see in the "Flash Device Settings" section, the 'FLASH BACKUP' button.)

If it fails again, post back with a complete diagnostics file.   Get this after you upgrade to version 6.12.3 but before you reboot your server.