Unraid Startup problem: cannot mount /dev/sda1

Bron

Hi!

My Unraid has the problem from time to time during startup that it cannot mount the device sda1. It says it's a Buffer I/O error (pls look at the attached picture). When this happens my unraid won't start and I have to press enter to reboot. After that it works without problems until three days/startups later or so the problem occurs again. But I need a reliable autostart of the server. How do I find out which device sda1 is? What could be the problem? Thank you very much!diagnostics-20230731-0953.zip

Unraid Starup.jpg

/dev/sda1 is your flash drive.   It is not clear why it is having problems - it could be the drive itself, or the USB port it is plugged into or something else less obvious.

Steps you might want to take that might help are:

• plug it into a PC to run a check on it. Let Windows fix any errors found
  • Download the zip file for the Unraid release you are using and extract all the bz* type files overwriting those of the same name in the root of the flash drive.  This can help if there are files that are on marginal sectors so sometimes fail to read.
  • Consider having another USB flash drive ready in case your current one is about to fail.
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...