Map network drive (WIndows VM) not showing my server in list?

Go to solution Solved by hiddenpcmaster,

I'm working through setting a Windows 10 VM up for the first time in Unraid.

I'm using the excellent video by Space Invader One.

He's just got to the point where we set up a 'share' and then map that to the Windows VM 

In the video - he clicks to "Browse" the network and sees the name of his server which then shows a list of all his 'shares'.

However, in my installation I don't have that? When I click Browse I just have the name of my NAS boxes and my main PC but NOT the Unraid server? Despite the fact that they are all on the same home network with the same Workgroup? I can access my server and shares from my main PC easily so the network is all talking to each other?

Can anyone point me in the right direction of what I should be checking?

Many thanks 🙂

30 minutes ago, hiddenpcmaster said:

Instead of browsing, try putting in you unraid server's IP address.  Then map the drive if successful. 

Yes! That seemed to work - I tried the IP address of the server first but it didn't seem to like it so I used the name of the server instead "\\myshare" and, it said it couldn't find it but it actually DID show up in the list and allow me to put in my credentials and connect to it.

So, thank you, without your help I wouldn't have thought to type something into the box instead of just pressing the browse button.

Much appreciated 🙂

• Like 1