Replacing one disk and add another at the same time

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

6 minutes ago, Civic1201 said:

In my second server the WD 3TB shows read errors and I want to replace this drive with a WD White 10TB. The procedure for this is clear.

Is it possible to add another 10TB drive and start the data rebuild afterwards or do I have to run the rebulid 2 times?

Thank you!

You cannot do a rebuild and an add at the same time - it yas to be done in 2 steps.

howrver the add does not involve a rebuild.   If the disk has been orecleared then it is added in immediately as a disk that is all zeroes does not affect parity.    It would then show as unmountable after the add and you need to format it at thst point to the desired file stsem (which only takes a few minutes) to get it ready to use.    If the new disk is not pre-cleated then when it is added Unraid will first clear it to be all zeroes before it is then made ready to be formatted.

OK thank you. The disk I want to add is coming from server No.1 and is not precleared but partition deleted.

I had the idea to shut down the server, remove the 3 TB drive and replace it with a 10TB drive. Then I wanted to add another 10TB and restart the server and select the frist 10TB as a replacement and the second one as another drive and start the rebuild.

When I understood you correctly this is not possible right?