Access wired Unraid box via WiFi?

For years, I've had an Unraid box and my main PC wired up to the same switch, and from the switch, a network cable connects both to the router. The Unraid box was accessible via the name I gave it, "Cube", at http://cube/.

I just relocated my PC to another floor entirely, and I don't want to run a cable for it if I don't have to, so I'm trying Wifi. The Unraid box will be connected directly to the router now as well, in case that makes a difference. So, how can I go about connecting to a machine on the wired network of the router, from the wireless network of the router?

Ok, that's odd! I had assumed that my PC, via a WiFi connection to my router, wouldn't be able to see the Unraid box via the `http://cube/` URL, but it can! The reason I assumed that was because my Android smartphone, connected to my router via Wifi, was never able to access the Unraid box via that URL—I've always had to type in the internal IP of 10.0.0.10. I'd always assumed it was some sort of Wifi issue, but I see now it's not. Why would my PC be able to connect via that URL, but my phone not?

Your phone doesn't support mDNS resolution. That's how devices on the local network "find" each other via hostname.

Try connecting directly to your server using the IP assigned by the router. That should work on your phone.

As an aside, I remember Google rolling out mDNS resolution to Android phones running 9.0 or above with a Google Play Services update, but am unsure of whether they ever finished rolling it out or if they pulled the update. If you are using a phone below 9.0 it's best if you update or change to a newer model.