Disk errors - help

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

yoda-diagnostics-20230830-2029.zip

This seems to happen to me every 6-8 months - out of nowhere I get disk errors but the disks themselves seem fine. Usually I can resolve it by re-seating cables. Yesterday I got errors on a couple of disks, I tried to re-seat cables and start the array back up but I continued to get errors. I had a back-up HBA card and cables so I tried replacing those which worked while I restored one disk. The restore completed successfully, so I started to rebuild parity, then again I started getting errors. I'm running out of ideas here, any help is appreciated. 

Thanks for your help. Turns out there were 10 drives powered by the same PSU cable (with 3 SATA power connecters) using splitters. I guess when I built this server 4 years ago I didn't know any better.

I spread the 10 drives across more cables and removed some splitters. So far the rebuild is at 18% without issues. Hopefully this fixes it for good. 

Is there a general rule for splitting SATA power and how many drives you can power per connection directly from the PSU? Maybe I should look into a new power supply...? I have 8 drives being powered now on 6 SATA power connectors direct from the PSU.

Edited by CtznSnips