Unraid 6.9.2 - parity disk in error state as soon as parity check started

My monthly parity check started at 04:00 and when I checked on the server when I woke up I was greeted by these messages

image.png.5821b587144871c169b8f1f52e03da65.png

And this is what Array Devices shows
image.thumb.png.69b5bc8f1d6df8a3bdb616169c2204a1.png

I attach the diagnostics zip

Can someone please help and tell me what to do next?
I am very new to this and at a complete loss 😕

Update: I read somewhere that is it often suggested to run and extended SMART test, so that is now running.

But in the meantime is it safe to eg watch things on Plex? Or should I use the server at little as possible?

bob-diagnostics-20230901-0813.zip

Edited by Stannis33
Additional info

Not sure from the diagnostics if you have a drive problem or not.

I would suggest that:

• You check the cabling (SATA and power) to the drive in case one of them is not fully seated.
  • Run an extended SMART test of the drive (accessed by clicking on the drive in the Main tab).   It takes ~ 2 hours per TB so is quite lengthy.    If it fails that drive should be replaced.

Report back here for next steps if the SMART step is error free.

7 hours ago, Stannis33 said:

Ummmm. I presume if the extended SMART test gets to 10% completed and then seems to stop (there is no longer a % progress line and the start button is enabled again) that this is a very bad thing? 

Would what actually happened be written to any of the logs?

The extended SMART test progress only updates in 10% increments so there can be a long delay between updates to the percent.

if the test was aborted or errored out this should show when you look at the SMART history.

I just tried running the extended test again, and progress completely vanished after about 20 miinutes

I don't know if it means anything but this was in the file I got via the download report button

"SMART Extended Self-test Log Version: 1 (1 sectors)
Num  Test_Description    Status                  Remaining  LifeTime(hours)  LBA_of_first_error
# 1  Extended offline    Aborted by host               90%     18216         -
# 2  Short offline       Completed without error       00%     18216         -
# 3  Extended offline    Aborted by host               90%     18207         -
# 4  Extended offline    Aborted by host               90%     18206         -"

Oh. Ummm. So that suggests I cannot just re-enable the disk and have everything working again, correct?
I see someone says "Getting it back on would require checking, unassigning, reassigning and rebuilding" - I don't actually know how to do that - can someone please elaborate?

I am very scared of upgrading - I seldom succeed at upgrading anything without strange things happening. I really don't know what I am doing with Unraid in general and if anything goes wrong I won't have the faintest idea how to fix it. :/

I know there are instructions for upgrading, but I got rather lost rather quickly. Does anything along the lines of "upgrading Unraid for dummies" exist anywhere?

I'm sorry if I am asking silly questions :/ 

How do I actually make it work again right now though, even if it happening again is likely? I don't actually know how to get my system out of the current disabled state.

If I just re enable the disk, will my parity actually be working or do I have to do "Getting it back on would require checking, unassigning, reassigning and rebuilding"?
And if the latter, what does that actually mean?