How re enable a drive Without rebuilding it

threiner

4 hours ago, threiner said:

i just like to change the state to online again.

You can't.  The contents are emulated from parity.  You need to resolve the issue to bring it back.  More commonly its a connection problem.  You can try re-seating power and data cables and/or re-arrange them.  If the problem follows to new disk, replace the cable.  Post a diagnostics zip to your next post.

thanks, so when the systems thinks th edrive should be disabled then i cant overwrite this and have to rebuild it even when it is perfectly fine??? THis puts stress on all drives. Is there not the option to aktivate the drive? For example in the case of to disabled dirves with one parity to rebuild i need to be aböe to activate the drive if it is fine to be be able to rebuild the array. 

4 minutes ago, threiner said:

thanks, so when the systems thinks th edrive should be disabled then i cant overwrite this and have to rebuild it even when it is perfectly fine??? THis puts stress on all drives. Is there not the option to aktivate the drive? For example in the case of to disabled dirves with one parity to rebuild i need to be aböe to activate the drive if it is fine to be be able to rebuild the array. 

The drive got disabled because a write to it failed for some reason and it is no longer in step with parity.

Any attempt to reactivate the drive without rebuilding would at best lose any data that had been written to the drive since it was disabled, whereas the rebuild process would preserve that data.   This is technically possible but it would then involve a parity drive rebuild instead of the data drive rebuild so just as much stress on the drives.

28 minutes ago, itimpi said:

The drive got disabled because a write to it failed for some reason and it is no longer in step with parity.

Any attempt to reactivate the drive without rebuilding would at best lose any data that had been written to the drive since it was disabled, whereas the rebuild process would preserve that data.   This is technically possible but it would then involve a parity drive rebuild instead of the data drive rebuild so just as much stress on the drives.

Thanks for the explaination, so how would i do this then? I would prefer to loose some data insted of all. 

1 hour ago, threiner said:

Thanks for the explaination, so how would i do this then? I would prefer to loose some data insted of all. 

You should post your system’s diagnostics zip file.   If the ‘emulated’ drive is mounting then you would lose NO data by rebuilding the data drive.   Since both possible solutions put a similar stress on drives then not sure why you want to forgo the data drive rebuild option.    In fact if the data drive is smaller than your parity drives it would put less stress on the drives than rebuilding parity.