Unraid won't start

bigsub
Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

Hello everyone, I can't able to boot unraid.

I just check the usb drive on another computer, I'm able to read the content and I just backed up the content.
I can't yet exclude hardware problems, where I'll investigate tomorrow. It just passes the bios screen and then black screen.
What kind of check could I do? Could be a damaged disk? An installed app that breaks somewhat?

20 hours ago, itimpi said:

Are you getting the Unraid boot menu?

If not then rewriting the bz* type files as described here in the online documentation accessible via the Manual link at the bottom of the Unraid GUI.  In addition every forum page has a DOCS link at the top and a Documentation link at the bottom might help.

Hello, solved, many thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone, a few days ago I had bad boot experience, I thought I had solved it as indicated in this post, but now pc entering in bios and doesn't start unraid anymore.
I suppose issues with the flash drive (Samsung Fit 128GB) as I can't see anything inside if I mount it in a windows pc. I haven't test it mounting on an linux machine.

In one of the last boot that was done without that the system entering always in bios, but failed anyway, there was errors on the pendrive disk in the startup screens.
So, for this reason I suppose issues on the flash drive now.

BTW, I have a backup, done manually copying files from flash drive to another directory, when it was still readable by Windows PC.
How could I solve? I read about the limit of 32GB on pendrive but I haven't another pendrive smaller than the samsung fit. I have another new Samsung bar plus version (64GB).

Screenshot 2023-10-25 225149.png

IMG_20231017_113250 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20231017_113226 - Copy.jpg

About flash drive substitution, if I'm not sure that backup that I have is the most recent, what is the right way to proceed?

I didn't make disk's assignment changes recently and I know what is the parity drive (because it's the larger that I have, respect all data disks).