Plex Becomes Unresponsive - "Waited over 10 seconds for a busy database"

manofoz

Hello,

I am experiencing an issue with Plex that I have tried a few things to get around but so far no luck. Plex is becoming 100% unresponsive and requires a bounce. When this happens it spits out these logs:

image.thumb.png.34339899ddaee25002fe469df6112078.png

It seems to happen while Plex Meta Manager is applying new overlays and something triggers a scan. They recommended I boost the "Database Cache Size (MB)" which I set to 16 GB

image.png.c1676b7903f08ad671f2bb7cc9e0fcd0.png

I also read on here that it was faster to point Plex right at the cache than at the user share so I tried that:

image.png.9e494cebb28165ad37d7622ab51ba030.png

All of my DB files are on a Raid 1 2x2TB Crucial P3 Plus NVME SSD which is specced for 5000 MB/s read, 4200 MB/s write. I read I could move them to a RAM disk but that seems like a bad idea as the author of the guide for that had no plans for unexpected shutdowns and everything would be lost.

image.thumb.png.2e5240c852c4bb6a13955dbfce836b2a.png

Anyone have a simular issue and fine a way to overcome it? 

Integrity check of the db came back "ok":

/mnt/cache-apps/appdata/Plex-Media-Server/databasetools/plexmediaserver# "/mnt/cache-apps/appdata/Plex-Media-Server/databasetools/plexmediaserver/Plex SQLite" "/mnt/cache-apps/appdata/Plex-Media-Server/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Databases/com.plexapp.plugins.library.db" "pragma integrity_check"
ok

Thanks!

Edited by manofoz