Flash drive is corrupted, unable to update plugins

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hello!

A week or so ago, I noticed I was unable to access the web UI. I read that there was an issue with a recent update, there was a solution through ssh, but I was out of town and was not comfortable restarting the server without physical access. I wasn't experiencing any issues with my docker services, so a small delay wouldn't cause any issues. When I returned home, I was now able to access the web UI, but was presented the `Your flash drive is corrupted or offline. Post your diagnostics in the forum for help.' So, my diagnostic zip file is attached.

This is where my concern is. A new USB drive is on the way, so I decided to look into the next steps. I went to the `CA Backup / Restore Appdata` and notice that is has been deprecated since 6.12 and AppData has not been backing up since middle of June. Assuming that was the 6.12 release since that was same time the backups ceased. When navigating to Apps, the Community Applications plugin is no longer installed. When clicking `Install`, the logs show an error; `community.applications-2023.09.30-x86_64-1.txz download failure: Generic error`. The same error appears when clicking `Update` for a plugin. Again, not sure if these are just coincidences with the 6.12 update and/or the flash drive corruption.

I was able to navigate to `Main/Settings/Flash` and create a usb flash backup (came to ~693mb). Is there anything that I should consider checking or documenting before following the next steps Changing the flash device documentation when my new flash drive arrives? Thanks in advance for the support.

homecloud-diagnostics-20231003-1726.zip

Edited by JeanLuc
Forgot to attach diagnostic files

I've noticed since the reboot, the `Your flash drive is corrupted or offline` banner has gone away. Although, the issues with plugins, CA Plugin, and now noticed the failure to start VMs has persisted.

When navigating to /Plugins, attempting to update any of the plugins, the plugins fail to update with the error `plugin: run failed: '/bin/bash' returned 1`. Navigating to /Apps, the `Click Install to download and install the Community Applications plugin` banner is shown. Clicking install produces `plugin: community.applications-2023.09.30-x86_64-1.txz download failure: Generic error` in the popup dialog. When attempting to start a VM, the browser throws a JS error, `Uncaught ReferenceError: folders is not defined`. One of my VMs that was set to auto start had no issue starting when rebooting. Controlling the VMs via `virsh` throws no issues. Controlling the VMs seems to be just an Unraid GUI issue.

Attached are the most recent diagnostics.

homecloud-diagnostics-20231006-1105.zip

• 4 weeks later...

@JorgeB Thank you for your time. Sorry for the delay, Halloween decorations took precedence and didn't want to possibly knock my automations out.

Followed your recommendation of trying a default install of Unraid on a new USB and booted. There were no issues as stated before, so powered down, took the new USB and reinstalled with the backed up zip of my Unraid server. Inserted the USB, booted, confirmed no errors, replaced key and I'm back to rolling again.

I also ran Disk Utilities First Aid on the original USB and was returned the `File system check exit code is 8.`

Thanks again for your assistance in getting be back up and rolling! You guys are awesome!

• Like 1