CPU for game servers

Hi everyone!

I'm new to Unraid and well.. new to home servers in general actually. I've been building my own gaming PCs for the past 20 years and I have a small synology NAS but recently I've decided I want to build a homelab and one of my friends suggested I take a look at Unraid. 

I'm currently still in the planning phase so expect to see a few posts from me.

My goals are:

• NAS 4-8 bays (replace and expand my synology NAS)
  • 2-3 game servers for up to 10 players (Minecraft, Rust, Valheim, DayZ, 7 Days to Die etc.)
    • Most likely scenario is that it’ll be 1 server at a time with 3-4 players but I don’t want to set the bar too low.
  • Music streaming (for myself and partner)

• Video streaming (for myself and partner at our home)

• Very rare, I literally just have a couple of videos we occasionally watch. It’ll never be more than 1 stream

• Home automation (home assistant)

• MUST be efficient.

The only real taxing thing I think is going to be the gaming servers so I've been looking at an intel i5-12400 CPU for the 6 cores and 12 threads which should hopefully be plenty for my needs? It also has Quicksync which I'm told is really good for video.

As for motherboard, potentially looking at an ASUS TUF B760M-PLUS Micro ATX. I'm less decided on this but it needs to be a Micro ATX and this one seems fairly decent for the price.

I think I should be able to do just about everything I want through Unraid with containers? I'd like to focus on consumer parts and power efficiency is a absolute MUST. 

Just looking for some general advice on CPU and Mobo at this stage. Is this a good option? What's the next step up or down? Anything I should look out for? 

Thanks everyone! 😁