cannot login to gui after update

Addy
Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

Hey, wondering if I can get some help with below

I updated from 6.9.1 to the latest version, 6.12 - update seemed to have gone smoothly, but I get a login prompt when I go to the GUI via browser.. can someone help me understand how I login to it..

root & blank doesn't work, I know this is my root password because I never updated it and I can still access SSH with it.. but the form on the login seems to require a password? 

I fail to also understand why I'm being asked to login to a local server, which I never enabled a login to also... I guess it came with the update.

I also checked passwd and 

root:x:0:0:Console and webGui login account:/root:/bin/bash

so root is the login, but it doesn't have a password - I'd also rather not create one, I can see this breaking things?

Screenshot_2.png

• Solution
56 minutes ago, Addy said:

so root is the login, but it doesn't have a password - I'd also rather not create one, I can see this breaking things?

For security reasons a password is now mandatory even when logging in locally.    You could always set your browser to remember it.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, itimpi said:

For security reasons a password is now mandatory even when logging in locally.    You could always set your browser to remember it.

Interesting to make something mandatory on my server.. but here we are. 

is anything relating to share access, dockers or VM's likely to break once I do this?

How can I change the root password in SSH? Since I no longer can access the gui? I can't seem to find info on it   figured it out (its passwd in terminal for anyone that may stumble)

Edited by Addy