Starting unraid over... sort of

I currently have a 4x3TB unraid server running smoothly. It's primaly function is as a plex server with automation configured for radarr/sonarr-sabnzb-overseer. 

I do not care about my current tv/movies because I plan on re-downloading backups of my movies and shows at much higher qualities. Ideally I would like to keep the lists of my radarr and sonarr librarys, so that I know what I had and can systematically replace them.

In addition to the 3x4TB drives (one being parity), I have one ssd dedicated to appdata/docker and one dedicated to system/vm/downloads

That being said, what would be the easiest way to go about "starting over"?

Can you elaborate on what you really mean by start over?  Do you really want to start over from ground zero and keep nothing?  You mention not caring about tv/movies, but are there any precious cat pics dear to your heart?  The easy answer is format everything and rebuild your flash.  I doubt you want to do that though.

The only data I want to keep are my docker configurations ie radarr/sonarr settings, plex settings, sabnzd , all the api tie ins and potentially shares to remap to the new drives.

I would like to start over fresh with what I am storing, but be able to keep the apps in place as they are configured. 

I assume that backing up my appdata covers all of this. The only part I'm assuming might not carry over are the radarr/sonarr library lists. Folders within the shares I assume would have to be recorded and then remade.

Is this correct?

11 hours ago, mrkenori said:

I currently have a 4x3TB unraid server running smoothly. It's primaly function is as a plex server with automation configured for radarr/sonarr-sabnzb-overseer. 

I do not care about my current tv/movies because I plan on re-downloading backups of my movies and shows at much higher qualities. Ideally I would like to keep the lists of my radarr and sonarr librarys, so that I know what I had and can systematically replace them.

In addition to the 3x4TB drives (one being parity), I have one ssd dedicated to appdata/docker and one dedicated to system/vm/downloads

That being said, what would be the easiest way to go about "starting over"?

Hey mrkenori,

Depending on how your appdata and system shares are configured, everything should be on the ssd you have with your appdata/docker info. With that being said, if you just plug your old USB into the new system with the old ssd and new Array.. everything should just carry over. Like I said, this depends also on how you have appdata/docker setting configured, like where they are stored at.

If you're wanting to start fresh, that's essentially what I would do. Build a new system, plug and play my old USB and SSD. The appdata/docker info should carry over like this.  If the USB is an issue or if you are upgrading that as well, you can also just backup the USB image, and flash that to a new USB using the tool you used the first time.

I hope this helps some.

Best,

-Darrell

Edited by DirtyDarrell