[SOLVED]USB Boot problems

Hello guys, I can't seem to boot unraid from usb. I'm using a kingston datatraveler G3 2gb, plugged into the I/O on the motherboard. The motherboard is an Asus M4A78LT-M LE.

I've tinkered with the settings but don't seem to get anywhere??

I've set the default as usb: kingston etc and disabled all others. I'm using the latest 5.0-beta12a. The message I get is 'remove disk or other media press any key to restart'

Any help is appreciated

Hello guys, I can't seem to boot unraid from usb. I'm using a kingston datatraveler G3 2gb. The motherboard is a Asus M4A78LT-M LE.

Any help is appreciated

Where do you get when you tinker with the settings? 

(so far, your description is about as vague as me saying: "I could not drive to California.  What might be wrong?" )

Specifically, what BIOS settings have you tried?  How did you load the flash drive?  What version of unRAID are you attempting to use? 

What are you seeing when it attempts to boot?

Hello guys, I can't seem to boot unraid from usb. I'm using a kingston datatraveler G3 2gb, plugged into the I/O on the motherboard. The motherboard is an Asus M4A78LT-M LE.

I've set the default as usb: kingston etc and disabled all others. I'm using the latest 5.0-beta12a. The message I get is 'remove disk or other media press any key to restart'

Any help is appreciated

Just a few things to try..

Did you remember to right click on the file named "make_bootable"  on your flash and select "run as administrator?

Make sure your bios is set so that the usb is the 1st device to boot

Format your flash drive, download a fresh copy if unRaid and follow the instructions found herehttp://lime-technology.com/support/unraid-server-installation

Archived