Can I passthrough gpu if I already have nvidia driver plugin and dockers pointed at same gpu?

Go to solution Solved by JonathanM,

I am struggling to get my gpu passed through to vms. I feel like I may be trying to do something that is not possible. I have nvidia plugin/driver installed and I have jellyfin pointed at gpu for hw transcodes.

Is this something i can do simultaneously? Can i have the same gpu working with dockers/plugin driver and also pass it to vms? I cannot find anything specifcally saying it cannot be done, but I think i may be over extending it.

Thank you for any help offered.

I kind of thought this was going to be the case. thank you all for the replies and support. So i have ordered an amd gpu and will hopefully have it friday. what i am thinking is that i can then keep the nvidia with the existing plugin/driver config working for jellyfin, and then set up new amd gpu for passthrough to vms. Does this sound like something that should bear more tasty fruit??

Thanks again. Really appreciate it.