first time - motherboard change possible?

luca2

Hi, i would like to ask if I can set up an array using UNRAID in one MB, and later on change just the MB but still keep using the same UNRAID array. Since UNRAID will boot from the usb, I guess this is posible. I would only need to set up bios of the new MB in the  same way as the first MB, "boot from usb" and "ahci".

Am i wright?

Rgds.

Hi, i would like to ask if I can set up an array using UNRAID in one MB, and later on change just the MB but still keep using the same UNRAID array. Since UNRAID will boot from the usb, I guess this is posible. I would only need to set up bios of the new MB in the  same way as the first MB, "boot from usb" and "ahci".

Am i wright?

Rgds.

Yes, for the most part.  Just take a screen shot of the drive assignment page so that you know where the drives are, just in case they don't get assigned back to the same spots in the array.  5.0b you should not have to do anything but if you are running 4.7 the above might be needed.

I did this myself about a year ago, I even went from an Intel to an AMD chipset in the process.  The whole process worked without a hitch, you just need make a printout of the drive assignments page before you tear the old machine apart.

Regards,

Stephen

Archived