share options in 5betas

jayhawk

I've played around with the share settings in the new 5 series.  I can't seem to not share out all the disks.  If i restrict which disks Im sharing (excluded) it starts excluding any shares with those disks in them as well.  Any idea how thats supposed to work, or if there's something im missing?

Further to that, I'd like to be able to share things through just NFS, just SAMBA, or just AFP... i.e.:

I want to share backup via AFP

I want to share movies via SAMBA

but i dont want the backup to be share via SAMBA or the movies share via AFP?  or better, can i export SAMBA to just a certain IP range so that only certain machines see the shares, using allow/deny?  It's confusing seeing afp/samba shares duplicated in osx (for some).

I've played around with the share settings in the new 5 series.  I can't seem to not share out all the disks.  If i restrict which disks Im sharing (excluded) it starts excluding any shares with those disks in them as well.  Any idea how thats supposed to work, or if there's something im missing?

Click the Main tab, then the disk number.  From there you can disable export of a certain disk.

Further to that, I'd like to be able to share things through just NFS, just SAMBA, or just AFP... i.e.:

I want to share backup via AFP

I want to share movies via SAMBA

but i dont want the backup to be share via SAMBA or the movies share via AFP?  or better, can i export SAMBA to just a certain IP range so that only certain machines see the shares, using allow/deny?  It's confusing seeing afp/samba shares duplicated in osx (for some).

Should be able to do some of this, though I don't think you can export only certain portions to certain IP's.  the allow deny does not specify where they can see it or not, it specifies whether they can log into it or not.

Archived