Docker service failed to start and there are no VMs after replacing disk

Go to solution Solved by BlueSialia,

I had 4 disks in my array. One parity drive of 8TB, two 8TB drives and a 2TB drive. I was rapidly approaching max usage on them so I bought a 16TB drive. Replaced the parity drive with the new drive and recalculated parity.

Then, because I didn't monitor it properly I reached 100% of usage on my array. So with the recalculated parity finished less than 24 hours ago I replaced the 2TB drive with the 8TB that I was using as parity before.

But now, as the replacement drive is being filled with the data from the replaced drive I have the issues of Docker not starting and no VMs showing in the VMs panel.

Extra information: I've also replaced a NVIDIA 1060 GPU with a NVIDIA 4070 GPU at the same time I replaced the 2TB drive. And also enabled the option in Docker about keeping user-defined networks. I've been using a user-defined network for months with that disabled without issue (I think) but I enabled it now because I noticed it was a thing.

unblue-diagnostics-20231024-2022.zip

• Solution

So the root of the issue was obvious and so was the solution as well.

The docker and libvirt images where precisely in the disk with the least free space. Literaly less than 1 MB. Moving a couple files from that disk to another fixed everything. I was a little bit afraid of doing that while the data recovery was taking place, but everything went well from what I can tell.

Edited by BlueSialia