Disk keeps going missing after power on

Holt

Hello guys, I have a small NAS with three disks and I usually turn it off when I go to sleep. Every time I turn it on again tho, one of the disks keeps getting labeled as missing and the array can't be started. When this happens I see the disk in the "Unassigned devices" section of the Main page of the GUI. To be able to make my NAS to recognize this disk, when it's still turned off I have to plug out the SATA from the motherboard and plug it in another socket. In this way when I turn the NAS on it recognizes the disk. When the disk is recognized, I have no issue at all until I shutdown the server.

Screenshot_2023-11-08_22-01-41.png.1691cfe5223b88e1f22d65351073a35c.png 

Screenshot_2023-11-08_22-02-33.png.dd694dd277383b82d80565f5abb069d6.png

tower-diagnostics-20231108-2150.zip

It appears the disk is not coming online properly as it is showing errors in the syslog and no SMART information..    It looks like what we normally except if there is a problem with the power or SATA cabling, but since you mention it happening at power on are you sure your power supply is up to the task of spinning up all drives simultaneously.

Yes I have a 550W PSU and a low power CPU with only three disks, I think that the PSU is not the problem. Moreover when I change the SATA socket and then I power on the server the disk goes online with no issues... Maybe it's the disk damaged, but when it's online it does not give me any errors.