Access to Unraid Shares

tonyj

Hi, I am purely a linux user.  have two HP Proliant Microservers running Unraid 6.1.4 access to all the shares is easy, launch the file manager and see the server Unraid1, Unraid2 etc.  Click on the server icons and see the shared folders.  I select a folder, enter my login credentials and save those details and all is well.  Never have to do anything else again, just click and open any folder and access its contents. 

This week I bought a small 2 disk Terramaster NAS.  I purchased a new licence and installed Unraid on the Terramaster.   Created shared folders and endeavoured to access the NAS by clicking on the server icon?  The error "Failed to retireve share list from server" appeared.  After some searching via Google I manually entered the share path in the server search bar in Nautilus file manager smb://192.168.2.18/Documents.....a login prompt appeared requesting login details.  Those were entered and all is well. 

My question is why is access to the new NAS not a simple point and click affair as the other servers?

Thank you

Tony

Unraid3-login.png

Unraid3-reply.png

I had a look at your Diagnostics and did not see anything unusual.  (Of course, SAMBA events are generally not logged unless things are Fubar!) 

Point of Disclosure: I am not Linux client expert so I am totally in the dark on how things are normally set on a client.

However, when LimeTech implemented the last round of major SMB security changes, they elected not to implement these when the server version was simply upgraded.   Basically, this means that only new installs got them.  (Obviously, one could make the changes manually...)   I would assume that this is a new install so there will be differences between your old servers and this new one.

What I would suggest you do is to compare the settings of    Settings   >>>  SMB    pages/sections between your old and new servers.  Be sure to check the SMB Extras section to make sure you did not add something there in the distant past that you have forgotten about.