Trying to recover from power outage

travvy87
Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

Hi All. Had a bad power outage last night, power would flicker on and off for a while. (power pole to the unit complex caught fire). I completely forgot to pull the power plug to my server as I was more concerned with my home PC and other electronics.

Unfortunately, I don't yet have a UPS as the server isn't exactly critical. Woke up this morning to a couple of issues (MB is set to power on from recover of AC loss).

The server occasionally wouldn't boot up due to errors I think on the unraid USB. Seemed to resolve that by scanning/repairing the USB on my home PC (even though it said it was fine) and also updated the BIOS on my servers MB. Now seems to boot successfully every time.

Next issue is that all the dockers have now disappeared apart from 3, and the dates on those are 6 months ago when I first configured the server. 

I have the appdata backup plugin which I tried to restore everything from (inc the boot usb?), but not sure if that is supposed to restore the dockers or if I need to reinstall them from the apps page. All the folders appear to be in the appdata share. Just need some tips/ideas or things to check before I go and grab all the dockers again and hopefully get them to pick up the config files.

Is there a way to grab a backup from 2 nights ago USB from the unraid connect site? As it appears it backed up this morning which would be a config i'd not want to restore from.

• Solution
36 minutes ago, travvy87 said:

I think I may have figured it out. By going to docker then add container. I can select an exsisting template which relates to the folders in the appdata.

Just curious as to why I'm needing to do this in the first place, Have I missed a potential backup stage or option somewhere?

You can go to Apps->Previous Apps to reinstall docker containers using their previous settings

2 minutes ago, itimpi said:

You can go to Apps->Previous Apps to reinstall docker containers using their previous settings

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind if I need to do it again. Now i'm just curious why it lost all it's dockers in the first place. Either way, it's all up and running again now.