Unraid Broken USB Drive - Document procedere to replace key

Hi,

today my USB Drive died and i had to replace it.

I had an backup and after booting up, Unraid told me that it is a different USB drive then before and my key is not working.

Ok i thought, i heard about it that it is possible to replace a USB Drive and reuse the old key.

It was not for me clear how i can fix this really fast and searched the net. I found the documentation, but had still a problem.

Replacing the key never showed up after login, as i was told in the documentation.

https://docs.unraid.net/unraid-os/manual/changing-the-flash-device/

At the end i needed more searching and found out, i need the "Unraid Connect" plugin installed.

PLEASE, many people are extremely stressed in case of a crisis and this needs to be documented anywhere.

Maybe i couldn't find it but this could be really easy overlooked.

Best regards

30 minutes ago, unr41dus3r said:

At the end i needed more searching and found out, i need the "Unraid Connect" plugin installed.

PLEASE, many people are extremely stressed in case of a crisis and this needs to be documented anywhere.

Maybe i couldn't find it but this could be really easy overlooked.

I believe that this requirement at the moment is a bug (probably at the server end) that needs to be fixed.

• Upvote 1