Make docker container access read only?

Hi, I would like to install Immich but I'm a bit nervous to give it full access to all my pictures and videos. Is there an easy way to give it read only access? Call me paranoid but this would give me peace of mind pointing it at my 15yrs of pictures and videos.

Edited by TacomaTy
Just now, TacomaTy said:

Hi, I would like to install Immich but I'm a bit nervous to give it full access to all my pictures and videos. Is there an easy way to give it read only access? Call me paranoid but this would give me peace of mind pointing it at my 15yrs of pictures and videos.

You can edit the volume mapping settings in the docker template to specify the type of access allowed.   That does, however, assume that the application can soft with the type of access you specify.

5 hours ago, TacomaTy said:

Backup, backup and backup. 😉 That way it's no problem if something happens.

On 12/8/2023 at 12:29 PM, itimpi said:

You can edit the volume mapping settings in the docker template to specify the type of access allowed.   That does, however, assume that the application can soft with the type of access you specify.

Thanks I didn't realize that the "edit" button next to the path would give additional options including access options.

On 12/8/2023 at 5:56 PM, Yivey_unraid said:

Backup, backup and backup. 😉 That way it's no problem if something happens.

Absolutely, I have a backup copying critical data to a smaller nas nightly but still wanted to play it safe.

On 12/12/2023 at 4:43 AM, martabal said:

Hello, if you use the use library feature you can mount the volume with a read only option. By default, Immich does not modify the files in imported libraries, the read only option is another security :)

Thanks, first time doing that but it worked like a charm.