Btrfs cache lost due to stupid error on my part

Endy
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

14 minutes ago, Endy said:

Do I need to run a balance on the new pool before I attempt to use it?

Nope.

14 minutes ago, Endy said:

do I just edit each share that is using the old cache and set new cache as primary and old cache as secondary and then run mover? 

With the mover you will need to move to the array first, since there's no pool to pool support for now, then move form the array to the new pool, alternatively you can use for example midnight commander (mc on the console) or the Dynamix File Manager plugin to copy the data directly, note that if you stop the array you will likely need to re-import the old pool again.

3 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

With the mover you will need to move to the array first, since there's no pool to pool support for now, then move form the array to the new pool, alternatively you can use for example midnight commander (mc on the console) or the Dynamix File Manager plugin to copy the data directly, note that if you stop the array you will likely need to re-import the old pool again.

Ok, so I am moving the files now. Once done then I can just delete the old pool and no need to worry about re-importing anymore and everything should be fixed? 

56 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Yes, and you can then rename the new pool to the old name in case any paths were using the old one.

Thanks again. The new cache pool seems to be working just like it should. There was only one file that couldn't make the move, but other than that, it went smoothly.

I am gonna call this problem fixed.

Now, can I buy you a beer or coffee or make a donation to your favorite charity to thank you?