how do i fix these samba errors?

comet424

i cant seem to get shares to work  i get these errors

Dec 13 06:40:21 Rambo smbd[1223]:   tdb(/var/lib/samba/private/secrets.tdb): tdb_transaction_recover: failed to read recovery record
Dec 13 06:40:21 Rambo smbd[1223]:   Failed to open /var/lib/samba/private/secrets.tdb
Dec 13 06:40:21 Rambo smbd[1224]:   tdb(/var/lib/samba/private/secrets.tdb): tdb_transaction_recover: failed to read recovery record
Dec 13 06:40:21 Rambo smbd[1224]:   Failed to open /var/lib/samba/private/secrets.tdb
Dec 13 06:40:21 Rambo smbd[1224]:   exit_daemon: daemon failed to start: smbd can not open secrets.tdb, error code 13
Dec 13 06:40:21 Rambo winbindd[1237]:   tdb(/var/lib/samba/private/secrets.tdb): tdb_transaction_recover: failed to read recovery record
Dec 13 06:40:21 Rambo winbindd[1237]:   Failed to open /var/lib/samba/private/secrets.tdb
Dec 13 06:40:21 Rambo mcelog: failed to prefill DIMM database from DMI data

i deleted teh secrests.tdb  and rebooted

does nothing this error is there even when the smb  is disabled...  i  dunno what to do

i found a way to delete the that error...  but unable to get Samba shares to share..

i found that the secrets.tdb file was on the flash drive  so what i did was i deleted it on the flash drive then hit the reset button on the unraid box...  and that fixed that error.. but i still unable to access the unraid box  to access the shares even when its enabled to share so what be wrong?

i think i fix it... the shares  all were set to no for some reason when they used to be yes...  did the secrets.tdb do that? what does the secrets actual do?

rambo-diagnostics-20231213-1149.zip

Edited by comet424

Check to see if the file   smbpasswd   exists in the   /config    folder on your flash drive and that you can open it with a text editor.  (That file is plain text and it should look normal with standard text characters.)   Then have a look at the files in the directory that are being flagged by using the following command in the GUI terminal

root@Elsie1:~# cd /var/lib/samba/private
root@Elsie1:/var/lib/samba/private# ls -al
total 436
drwx------ 3 root root    120 Dec  2 17:28 ./
drwxr-xr-x 5 root root    220 Dec  7 11:24 ../
drwx------ 2 root root    280 Dec 13 12:27 msg.sock/
-rw------- 1 root root   8888 Dec  7 11:24 netlogon_creds_cli.tdb
-rw------- 1 root root 430080 Dec  7 11:24 secrets.tdb
-rw------- 1 root root    312 Dec  2 17:28 smbpasswd

The contents of smbpasswd should be the same as on the boot drive.   (On both of my servers, the two  .tdb   files are the same size on both servers.  I don't know if this is always true or not...)

This is screenshot of the contents of smbpasswd file:

image.png.6e8b7836f55042e9e2c2168ee6837527.png