Replacing Cache drives and Mover stuck

Garthy

Hi all 

I have two disks that i want to change over to nvme drives, both are my cache pool, appool is for app data and cache is my general cache disk.

Mover appearing stuck (no activity on Main page of gui). 

Steps to date:

- change apppool and cache settings to be cache->array

- stop VM and docker services

- invoke mover

Any ideas would be appreciated

tower-diagnostics-20231221-1219.zip

I notice that the 'appdata' share has files on both the 'cache' and 'appdata' pools - this seems strange.

You might get a clue why mover is not doing what you expect if you turn on mover logging.   

Mover will never overwrite an existing file so if you have somehow ended up with duplicate files on more than one drive it is a manual task to decide which copy to keep and delete the other one.

3 hours ago, itimpi said:

I notice that the 'appdata' share has files on both the 'cache' and 'appdata' pools - this seems strange.

You might get a clue why mover is not doing what you expect if you turn on mover logging.   

Mover will never overwrite an existing file so if you have somehow ended up with duplicate files on more than one drive it is a manual task to decide which copy to keep and delete the other one.

Hi 

thanks for your reply. I noticed that and have since deleted what was a seperate version of krusaider on my app pool drive. Not there is only a version on my cache drive. 
it still does not explain why there is no activity on the disks when running mover and why the 30gb of data isn’t being moved to the array.